Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Back to Reality

After having an amazing time on vacation, it's finally time to get back into the groove of things. Although before we left for vacation, I was already getting off track with my eating right and exercise regime.

Lately,  I haven't been doing anything to help me lose these last 20-30 pounds except maybe hit the gym once or twice a week. That's not helping me get to my goal one bit. I have to kick my own ass into gear cause nobody helped me lose 55 lbs, and no one sure as hell will try to stop me from gaining them back. I know that for the past month or so I have been doing a lot of talking about getting back into it. I'm not gonna lie... it's been hard. This is what I was afraid of. Once you take a short break, it's twice as hard to get back into it. Today though, I'm working on making it my routine again. Here's some of the stuff I want to commit myself to:

• Start counting calories again. (I use MyFitnessPal app for that)
• Work out at least 3 times a week. (I was working out 4 to 6 times a week when I was taking it seeiously)
• Eat healthier foods.
• Track my progress.

It's not to say that I won't have a slice of pizza or some Margaritas here and there. It has never been about being perfect and not messing up because I am only human and I accept the fact that I will fail. Sometimes willingly.  It's about hustling. Sucess and failure.  And failing cause I succeeded. But I will say that I will give it my all. Sure, I'll let Fat Claudia visit every now and then. That's why it's worked so far for me. Because I don't deprive myself fron what I want. If a burger and fries makes me happy at the time, you're damn straight I'm gonna get me a burger and fries. Even if it means calling some of my body parts "Tina the Talking Tummy" or "Backfat Betty" for the next few hours.

For now though, I'm very ready to get back to working out and making better food choices for myself. And between my readers and I, I miss posting pics at the gym and tagging with ridiculous hashtags (#gymflow, #gettingmysexyback). That being said, if you don't already follow my Instagram, the username is @sweatpants2skinnyjeans. Follow that shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment